Sunday, June 12, 2011

In a Summer Garden

I have some summer recipes to share, many needlework updates to show you and other stories to tell, but for now I thought I would quickly share a piece I worked on a week ago. The design is by a former biology teacher from France, Marie-Therese Saint-Aubin. Her designs are all based on nature. At first I wasn't sure about her designs - I thought they looked half finished. And then they grew on me. Here is a free design from her website: http://mtsa.over-blog.com/



There is something so delicate and tranquil about her designs. This is stitched over one thread of natural 28 count linen with silk threads by Hand-Dyed Fibers.

And some inspiration? Not our garden unfortunately.  I took this a few weekends ago when we were walking through the historic section of Carlisle, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment